Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Forced Change

The deal with me opting out when it comes to Amazon still stands, which left me
reevaluating just about everything writing related. I needed a clearer picture of my
position, without my meds screwing up my ability to concentrate.

That medication thing was/is all-too-real for me, and had stalled me for the better
part of one month. Now that I seem to be firing again on all eight cylinders, I
discovered myself not in a good position. I’m not where I wanted to be. I’ve got a
lot of work to do to fix that.

With the people at Wattpad, I need to make up lost ground. I have a few followers
that might not understand why us old people can have problems, and might not get
how serious those problems can sometimes be. My meds made it almost
impossible to concentrate for any real length of time, so I did what I could,
knowing it wasn’t enough.

I am, after all, actually working on three completely different book projects, and
the storefront. Four different projects, plus wearing the marketing hat.

Baby Makes Three is my mornings, followed by business-related endeavors called,
I clear my mind by working on and marketing the storefront. However, I need to
pump up the social networking aspects when it comes to the store’s marketing.
That much I know. Only, how effective can I be in the shortest amount of time?
What are my choices, and how can I narrow those down and be more effective?

In the afternoons I work on revamping Warrior in the second person, because I
happen to love that story myself and want to see where it ends; followed by more
business endeavors. Research into what I need to do, and how to do it. Stuff like
what vendor can I use to get into the Google Play store with all my books, and
new stories. Right now I have one book up there, with fifteen more to go. I’m
waiting to see how my book two (2) epub file looks uploaded.

In the late evenings, I’ve been working on another project with another pen name,
and have about 10,000 words into it. It will be my line of hardcore XXX erotica.

Both Warrior and my line of XXX erotica will be serialized. Every 10,000 words I
hit the publish button. I’ve been designing the covers. I need to make sure when a
potential reader looks at the cover, they understand it's a serial novel. I need to
make that clear in the description and blurb. Then I need to price it right.

Here are my thoughts on all this right here and right now. Baby Makes Three needs
to be completed. I’ll decide from there if there will be a fourth book. Most of that
decision will be based on sales of the series first three books, after I do what I can
to market them. My marketing budget still sucks, but it is getting better.

I’ll see how my Bastard Black pen name does after I get Warrior up and running as
a serial. My erotica, same thing. Each 10,000 words gets packaged up, and
published.

Right now I’m in the process of going wide again, perhaps even wider with my
distribution nodes than I ever have before, maximizing my reach. The problems I
face are many, but nothing I haven’t learned, or am learning to deal with.

Every writer out there today needs a plan, needs to know their options, and adjust
that plan at a moments notice. It’s the only way to survive and grow.

Serial stories can do well, depending on what they are. Where they are. Erotica
always does well, once there’s an actual story behind the bump and grind.

The main thing is to relax, not get stressed out over being set back, and pluck
through each and every task as the day progresses. Some days will be better than
others. The main thing is, just do it.

In the meantime, become a follower, show your appreciation and buy me a cup of
coffee, read my story on Wattpad, vote, leave a comment, or just buy a book.
Find
out how the story ends. Read me for free (14 of my books, out of 16 published)
through your Scribd subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment