Thursday, August 25, 2016

If In Doubt, Read The Instructions


Or in my case, read the instructions and then watch the videos. Up first, can I or
can I not upload a suitable picture to headline my store.

First I looked at their headers, and they were as bland as pouring ketchup into hot
water and calling it soup. Yeah, there’s flavor, but no real substance. The crackers
just end up soggy. So, it’s off to see if I can find a royalty free picture to work
with, and use that to headline my store.

I went to Pixabay.com for a slim selection of royalty-free images I can use for
whatever I want. I downloaded three I liked, and would work, asked my wife to
pick out the image she liked, and used my own photo editing software (Corel
PhotoHouse) to add the name of the store. I cropped the image, darkened it, and
added the name. Once that was done, I uploaded that finished image to the store.
It’s okay for what I need it to do.

One of the decisions I have to make is what to do about shipping. I have to
configure the checkout price for free domestic shipping within the continental US.
That’s not a big problem. The help video is there.The problem comes with
international shipping rates. Twenty US Dollars ($20.00) isn’t out of line. That
would cover most items to most countries, more or less. It’s the “more or less” that
stumps me. Shipping is by weight, but flat rates make more sense. What I’ll have
to do is adjust that flat rate as I go along. So, I get to get messy, make mistakes,
and find a happy norm as time goes by. More later.

I’ve been live as Bastard Black for thirty days! My one-month anniversary. Now,
over the last month I’ve had 1904 hits, here, and for a brand new blog, one that
actually has something to say, and one that people can relate to and learn from
(because that’s my goal, something real, where I get to figure things out and make
mistakes so you don’t have to), that’s not bad. The US takes the biggest share,
with Germany at 271 hits, Russia at 31 hits, followed by Ireland and France at 13
and 10 hits respectively.

I did sell one book related to Baby Makes Three, when someone bought a copy of
Loney Hero Thing. I hope that they read it front to back, and are motivated to
leave an honest review.

The buyer paid $0.99 cents because I put both Lonely Hero Thing and Ancient
Evil Hungy, books one and two of The Chronicles of Ian Duncan, on sale. LHT is
book one, AEH is book two, and Baby Makes Three is the third book in the series,
and that is what I’ve been posting on Wattpad. No votes as of yet, and no
comments, but I just got started. Join Wattpad and read along as I post fresh
chapters once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment