Sunday, August 14, 2016

Working On Cash Flow!


via GIPHY


Give me a week or so to pull the social networking post together, because this is
more important in the grand scheme of things, and ties into the social networking
post.

I took the old book blog, and completely reworked it into an extension of my
coming online store. Let me tell you what I’m doing, and why.

My books need money to market them effectively. That’s it.

For all the readers I’ve had, I can safely say they’re the cheapest, and quietest pack
of people on the entire goddamn planet. I’m not selling books. I’m the best kept
secret on the web. I can be borrowed and read if you have a KindleUnlimited
subscription, and even that ain’t happening. How fucked up is that?

My so-called readers (the other blog hit almost 4000 readers per month for many
months, and you can see how many readers I’ve had the twenty or so days this
blog has been up), they came and drank every word I wrote like it was mother’s
milk, but they didn’t buy. They didn’t borrow. And if they did talk, I never saw it.
I looked.

You can’t get ahead on jack and shit.

Not that you care, or have to care, but I suffer from Fixed-income Blues, so once
the money for my entire month is gone, it’s gone. There is no more. I take care of
my wife, who is physically and mentally disabled, like a good husband should.
Married 29 years next month. None if this means a damn thing to anybody else,
but it means something to me.

It means something to me. I care.

The Internet is all I got. This is all I have to make a better life for myself and my
family. The Internet, and 16 published e-books at Amazon. I’m “all in” but one
story, so I can get the borrows and reads through KindleUnlimited on 15 of the 16.
I’ll talk about “all in” and “going wide” in another post.

I need software and hardware and capital to expand into print books and audio
books. I need to market my books in the right places. That’s the big one. Market in
the right places.

Time to do things different.

I plan on using three different ad services. I don’t need reviews, there are no
gatekeepers allowed, they’ll take my money no-questions-asked, and I’m not
really choked by other writers.

Each takes about $100/month to start, and using all three will need $300/month.

My books are not failures, people, they’re just unknown. I need readers.

I have some great reviews, great samples, you should read them, and I have
confidence in my ability to tell a good story.

The fact of the matter is simple to understand; I have to buy my discoverability.
The one wall we all must now face as indie authors. Climb it, go around it, or
smash it. The one thing you can’t do is ignore it.

Many writers do buy their discoverability each and every month, and their sales
reflect their efforts, so I’ll be in good company.

My online store also needs advertising dollars to boost its discoverability, even
though I can rely on more, and different types of social networking, with good
photos of my products to back me up. They see what I have, they think, they buy
or they don’t, but they remember, and they may come back to see what’s new, over
and over and over again.

I’ll reach a whole new and different crowd, ordinary people, not writers, with the
same basic goals. Ultimate Discoverability.

And, I’m not done yet. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment