Saturday, August 27, 2016

I’m Blogging As I Do This

Or, what am I NOT doing right now!

The Buy Me a Cup of Coffee link is up, and to your right. I can now (also) do
Patreon.com, yet another way for artists and creative people like myself to gain
income (other than being held hostage to my fixed income) we need to buy
equipment, software, ads promoting our books to readers, and for me, to help
launch Rip’s Picks more properly.

The thought never occurred to me until this morning, don’t ask me why, but
Ripley King can now vlog at YouTube, and the vlog can actually have substance. I
can vlog about what I’m doing to make Rip’s Picks a success, all the work that
goes into starting my own store, but also about Bastard Black, and what I’m doing
here. In other words, what it takes to start with virtually nothing, and work my way
up. I can also link the vlog to Patreon.

What’s a dollar now and again, if I can give you information of real substance?

How to start with jack and squat, with no direction to go but up. That’s me. What
can you do?

Become a follower. Buy me a cup of coffee. Become a patron. Follow me on
Twitter, and when I can make work Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Instagram, and
whatever else that can actually do me some real good with Rip’s Picks and
beyond, be there too.

If all else fails, buy one of my books and read it. Write an honest review. Tell
other people I exist. (I used an before the “H” in honest, because the H is silent.)

I don’t like the idea that I have to lie, cheat, and steal my way to the top. I know
what I said in an earlier post, but that’s my overall frustration talking. When you
have someone like me who is doing everything he can to get out in front of the
reading public with decent books, mind you sixteen decent books, and
continuously failing because of this pay-to-play world us indie authors seem to
live in, the frustration level can get epic.

All my reviews are organic, I never bought an award, I think my books can walk
the walk and talk the talk, and to find out if I’m right, you just have read my
samples at Amazon. Reading samples is FREE!

My problem is cash flow to buy ads for my books, and I have other dreams, too.

I want a hunk of land, a tiny house, my garden back, just like I used to have before
my life went tits up, and I thought it best to take care of my family first, and
everything else became second.

The world of the indie author can change week to week, no doubt about that. Just
ask another indie author. But, there are things that don’t change at all, not really,
and that’s the behavior of the average online consumer. If it’s cool, someone will
want it for themselves. I can sell cool.

Become a participant, not just a bystander.

No comments:

Post a Comment