Friday, August 12, 2016

Do You Know?


Not true. Most authors make less. A whole lot less. Anywhere between $100 to $1000 UDS per year. And once you get to that $1000/year, not only are you extremely grateful, you've spent most of that on ads in the hopes you can make more than that next year!

Any author would kill for 50 reviews!

Damn, people, why do you think some authors lie, cheat, and steal, just to get more than ten reviews per book. I would need 145 (give or take a few) more reviews on all my books, just to get 10 reviews per book. If I could afford to lie, cheat, and steal, I'd probably do it.

It sucks when you know for a fact you have good products, and almost zero visibility. That even when you do get a read, they don't even bother with a one word review, much less a three word review. What I wouldn't give just to get even one review from the few readers I've had this year.

KindleUnlimited Subscribers can download my books right now, read my books right now, and they have the ability to write reviews, right now, today!

For those that want to buy, go for it. People who pay for books and write reviews, tend to actually write better, more detailed reviews on the story itself. What was right, what was wrong. Characters. Dialogue. The story is everything.

A lot of authors want to pretend this is bullshit, but it's not. I'm busting my ass each day, working on books, working on my cash flow, figuring out what ads I can afford that have the most reach for my hard-won nickles and dimes.

I plan on a donate - buy me a cup of coffee - button before the next few days are up.I'll get my online store running. I'll add more to my list of things I need to get done now, just so I don't miss even one opportunity for a sale. This is the reality for most of us authors. Especially us Indie Authors. For every Writing Star you hear about, there are 100 to 300 more authors, struggling to be seen and heard. And a lot of these authors have some pretty good books.

No comments:

Post a Comment