Friday, September 16, 2016

Once Again . . .

. . . I found myself having to roll with the punches. I also found that my first
Facebook password had been changed (and not by me), and had to reset it with a
stronger password. That was two weeks ago. The Facebook ban was temporary,
but the need to set up a FB business page was pointed out to me, and that’s what
I’ll have to do. My other blog (Rip’s Picks) was deleted (today, actually), no
reason given. It just isn’t there anymore, and I’m not going to fight that.

First FB, and now the old blog. What’s next?

I’m not going to fight, I’m going to change. Wipe out every trace of the old me. I
might even have to wipe out this me to become yet another new me. Do it now
before I gain real traction.

The picker side of me will need a new home geared toward that business,
everywhere I want to be. That means starting from scratch on Twitter, and other
social networking sites. I may even have to start a new store. I did close the old
store. I delivered the coffee set to a friend, so I know that sale was for real.

I deleted all the products before someone takes advantage of the cart, and then
ruins me with false claims or bad word of mouth. I can’t take the chance. Someone
out there wants to hurt me, and it’s probably someone I know. I’m not the first
person this has ever happened to, and won’t be the last. What a shame.

So, things that were once in the back of my mind when I discovered my password
had been changed, have come to the forefront. Nothing is ever as easy as you want
it.

I am sorry, though. I had a lot of great information to share, was sharing what I
thought was helpful to all readers, and not just writers, and now it’s over before I
even began.

No comments:

Post a Comment